Tuesday, May 23, 2006

MBAA State Finals & Another Rib Injury

Well I was planning on racing in Prescott last weekend, but life had other plans for me. Thursday night I was dialing in my rear derailleur for the race. I took my bike out for a quick test ride (wearing my Crocs) to make sure everything was running smoothly. I was rolling back to my driveway and I was in the process of doing a "Cyclocross Dismount" when I slipped the pedal and went down HARD! I ended up injuring my ribs on my left side this time. I just had finally healed up from my last rib injury a few weeks ago and here I go and decide to injury the other side. I am such a dork! (Note to self: No more "Cyclocross dismounts" while wearing Crocs!) So, I again was the "Feedzone Guy", wrench and an all-around Athletic Supporter for the weekend. "If you can't be an athlete... be an athletic supporter!"

On the other hand, Ty had another great weekend racing. They sent all the Juniors out at the same time on a 9 mile hilly course. Ty ended up beating several of the 15-16 year olds and finished 3rd in the 13-14 category. He also beat a rider that has finished in front of him all year. It is a great feeling to start to real in riders that have been in front of you all year. A solid day on the bike for Ty and he is looking very good for the National Championships in July out in Sonoma, CA. It will be nice for Ty to take a little time away from racing and focus on training and having some fun.

Want more pics? GO HERE



















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I did something similar over the winter. I was coming into my garage on the road bike and went to do a cyclocross dismount and my slick shoes and the smooth concrete didn't mix and boom, down I went! Didn't do anything more than bruise my leg though, so I was lucky...

Congrats to Ty for picking that guy off. I know when things start to come together and all the training starts to pay off it's an awesome feeling.

If you guys are looking to pick up some races later in the year, there'll still be six races in the NM series come August (and two in June if you want to mix in some racing then). I'm always looking for company on the drive over if you guys are interested.

Marty said...

Thanks. We may take you up on your offer to carpool over to NM. Shoot us an email at mcoplea@cox.net when you can.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ty!! I see you're still biking. It's Nicole Bui from 5th grade. Haven't seen you in about a year. I hope you're doing good at Willis!!

Nicole said...

Hey Ty!! I see you're still biking. This is Nicole Bui from 5th grade. Haven't seen you since the beginning of seventh grade when i moved. Hope you're doing good at willis!!!!