Monday, July 10, 2006

Park City NORBA National

Tyler raced last weekend in NORBA National at Park City, UT. I could not make this trip due to some work commitments. A special thanks to Kristen Hayden for giving Ty a ride up there! A special thanks also to Scott Edwards for letting him stay with them and being the "Team Manager" for the week. Also, thanks to the Throop's for their help and support.

It sounds like Ty had a great race. The course was very hilly with a long climb right at the start of the race. Ty was able to get to the top first and was flying down the hills. Ty was flying a little too fast when he reached a blind turn and went a little wide and went down. He injured is wrist in the fall, but jumped back on his bike and rode through the pain to hold off the rest of the field for the win. It is killing me not being there!!!

I went online today to Velonews to read up on the weekend's event. I found this picture of Shonny winning the XC event and guess who I see in the background!!?? Look for the little man in the red/silver helmet. Too funny!


They are all traveling to Sonoma this week for the NORBA National Championships. Along the way, they are stopping in Truckee, UT to have a little fun and do some riding with Luna Chix rider, Katerina Nash. Lucky dogs!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Ty was up there - I would have tried to get some pictures of him if I did. That's awesome that he pulled through injured to finish much less win the thing! Pass on my congrats to him.

I'm out in CA already, so tell him to look me up. I'll be doing the Marathon thing on Thursday (when will I learn my lesson?) and I'm contemplating the Super D Saturday. The course is stupid fast and really favors a climber with a 29'er. Not that I'm a climber, but I do have a 29'er so I'm half way there.

I got some pictures of Kristen on the podium, but she disappeared before I could say anything to her. They'll be up on my photo site this evening.