Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Rain, Bike Commute, Hooky & The Off-Road to Athens

WE GOT RAIN!! Even-though the Valley's official rain gauge did not record any rainfall. Finally after about 141 days without, we had some pretty good sprinkles. We sure could use a whole lot more.

I rode home from work today and it was a great ride. I found a better route and it only took me 1 hour and 55 minutes total time. Not too bad considering it takes me about an hour to drive it with traffic. I would much rather be on the bike than stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. Tomorrow AM I am heading out at 6:30am to ride in to the office.

Here are my ride stats from today...

Miles: 25.85
Ride Time: 1hr 46min
Avg Speed: 14.5 mph
Calories Burned: 1700

Ty got a chance to play hooky from school this afternoon and go to a Spring Training game. His Grandma, Great-Great Uncle Bill and Jigs are in town and they kidnapped him from school and took him to the White Sox vs. Angles game. Ty's relatives are a great influence on him! :-)

If you are into cycling, you have to see the Off-road to Athens! It is the best MTB video/movie that I have ever seen. The movie covers 8 of the top U.S. Pro MTB racers and their quest to represent the U.S.A. in the 2004 Olympic Games. You can purchase the DVD on-line or catch it in the theater on the film tour. It will be playing in Flagstaff, AZ on March 12th (see
http://www.flagstaffmountainfilms.com/modules/films/column.php?columnID=4 for details).

That is all for today. Today's ride wore me out and I need some sleep!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Off Road to Athens is phenomenal! I actually own the movie...I find myself watching it when I have to get on the dreaded trainer. I always end up sprinting during the race scenes. Ha!