Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Time Trial, Uncle Corey and Black Beauty

Last weekend, Tyler and his buddy Zack competed in the AZ Time Trial #3. Tyler was very excited to try his new aero bars that we put on his bike this week. It was a 20K fairly flat course with a headwind going out and a much need tailwind coming back. This was Zack’s 1st time trail and Tyler’s 2nd. Zack put in a great ride and took 1st in the juniors 10-12. Tyler came in 2nd place right behind his buddy. A great 1 – 2 punch! Our cycling team, Red Rock Racing, started a blog last week. It is an open blog for all team members to post articles and it should be interesting!!

Tylerstart



Tyler headed up to Flagstaff with the Edwards on Sunday. He is going to be spending the week with his Uncle Corey and hanging out with Zack. They plan on doing some road riding in Sedona and maybe sledding or skiing. I have already heard some great stories from Corey and I am sure there will be a whole lot more before it is all over.

I went for a hike on the Peralta Trail on Sunday afternoon with my buddy, “Rocket Rob”. It had been raining on and off all day in the valley and it looked like we might get a little wet. The rain ended up staying away and we had a great hike - awesome views and great exercise. We started a little late in the day and had to turn back before we got up to the saddle. The last 20 minutes of our hike back to the car was in the dark. Good thing we turned back when we did. We are planning on heading back out there before it gets too hot to do the complete hike.

hike_view

I got my new Trek frame last night!!! Yea, me! It looks soooo sweet - Basic Black. I am going to take my new baby out on her maiden voyage tonight.

black_2

No comments: